Friday

AM/PM - Thursday, August 5th

I can't believe how fast time flies here at Camp. Does it go faster here than in the "real world?" I think so! How is it already Thursday? And how is the summer almost over?

These are questions I simply cannot answer. Robots aren't the brightest beings.

I don't think I have told you on this blog yet about AM/PM, which stands for "A Morning Prayer Meeting". We have them every Thursday before breakfast at Camp Phillip in the Bowl. It is a nice chance for all of camp to come together and grow in prayer and praise with each other. We sing songs we don't normally get a chance to sing during the week, but the emphasis of AM/PM is always on prayer. Too often in life we forget to talk to God about our problems and concerns - when He is the One and only being who can really and truly change our circumstances. Getting a chance to reflect and spend time in prayer with God is a great blessing of AM/PM; it's just a refreshing way to start a day out with the right perspective! Alex Randazzo and Clare Sievert have led AM/PM all summer long - thanks for all you do planning this every week!

This was the biggest butterfly I have ever seen!

Today's passage comes from Joshua 1:9:

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

Can I just say that I LOVE THIS PASSAGE?! WHAT A COMFORT!! No matter what we do, no matter where we go, no matter what happens to us, we don't have to be terrified. We don't have to be discouraged - GOD, the Author of everything, is WITH US! I always get discouraged in life. I try and I try and I try but I never seem to get ahead in accomplishing earthly goals. I get terrified because I worry that my best isn't good enough, or that my faith isn't strong enough, or why would Jesus even love ME if I sin so much all the time? Yet here in Joshua, God Himself comes to us with warm words of comfort - "Be strong and courageous!" We have God on our side. There's no need to fear!

 01000111 01001111 01000100 00100000 01001001 01010011 00100000 01010111 01001001 01010100 01001000 00100000 01010101 01010011 00100001

No comments:

Post a Comment